Don’t need therapy or vaccination, just have to ride your bike !
My local knowledge and my taste for discovery will allow us to live unforgettable moments.
I propose a progressive methodological approach that will help you to increase your skills and your pleasure in cycling.
MTB fitness condition rating
<30km, <800m+, <1500m-
30-40km, 800-1200m+, +/-2000m-
40-60km, 1200-1800m+, +/-3000m-
>60km, >1800m+, >3000m-
MTB technical difficulty rating
Gravel roads or large paths. No technical difficulties. Some short, narrow or steep passages.
(« S0 blue » singletrail scale STS or « White circle » IMBA)
Singletrails with short technical sections. Roots, stones, small steps, sharp turns and some steep sections.
(« S1 blue – S2 red » singletrail scale STS or « Green circle – Blue square » IMBA)
Singletrails with frequent technical passages and obstacles – steps/drops/small jumps. Narrow paths, steep sections, 180° turns – switchback. Exposed passages possible. You may have to carry your bike.
(« S2 red – S3 black » singletrail scale STS or « Black diamond » IMBA)
Trails requiring a high technical level. Many exposed sections, many 180° turns – switchback, big drops, steep passages. Sections where you have to carry or push the bike.
(« S4 black – S5 black » singletrail scale STS or « Double black diamond » IMBA)
Your guide’s advices
As Swiss Cycling Guide, we know the value of good coaching and risk management.
- We will help you to check, adjust and maintain your bike (tyres, brakes, stem, transmission).
- Nice to wear protective gear, be assured (accident).
- Try to properly assess your skills & your speed.
- Give priority to hikers & be nice and polite 😉
- Stay on the trail & preserve the nature, no littering.
- Be gentle with rear wheel skidding & avoid shortcuts.
- Close fences & consider the domestic animals.
- In a few words: ride safe, have fun & leave no tracks behind you.
Happy riders with all the stuff they need !
Riding « as hard as » + bringing security, discoveries & fun = our missions.
- Bring your favourite bike or rent it.
- Helmet, gloves, protections, sun glasses are part of the game.
- A small backpack is important (good back protection).
- Take a fancy water/windproof jacket and a sexy warm layer.
- Don’t forget your lunch and drinks.
- A mobile phone and a powerbank with the App EchoSOS is a smart way to call for assistance (144).
- Take orientation tools if you are not guided (App SwissTopo).
- Money for an ice cream, ID and transport documents for the shuttle.
- A small repair kit, an inner tube and your specific medication might be helpfull.
- By the way, you have to take your coronavirus emergency kit ;-)…
- Be insured against accidents with mountain rescue and repatriation included. Cancellation and theft insurance is also recommended for trips.
- Bring your best smile and a few beers for the « after-ride » party !