My local knowledge and my taste for discovery will allow us to live unforgettable moments.
I propose a progressive methodological approach that will help you to increase your skills and your pleasure in cycling.
MTB technical difficulty rating (Swiss Cycling)
Gravel roads or large paths. No technical difficulties. Some short, narrow or steep passages.
(« S0 blue » singletrail scale STS or « White circle » IMBA)
Singletrails with short technical sections. Roots, stones, small steps, sharp turns and some steep sections.
(« S1 blue – S2 red » singletrail scale STS or « Green circle – Blue square » IMBA)
Singletrails with frequent technical passages and obstacles – steps/drops/small jumps. Narrow paths, steep sections, 180° turns – switchback. Exposed passages possible. You may have to carry your bike.
(« S2 red – S3 black » singletrail scale STS or « Black diamond » IMBA)
Trails requiring a high technical level. Many exposed sections, many 180° turns, big obstacles, steep passages. Sections where you have to carry or push the bike.
(« S4 black – S5 black » singletrail scale STS or « Double black diamond » IMBA)
Your guide’s advices
As Swiss Cycling Guide, we know the value of good coaching and risk management.
- We will help you to check, adjust and maintain your bike (tyres, brakes, stem, transmission).
- Nice to wear protective gear, be assured (accident).
- Try to properly assess your skills & your speed.
- Give priority to hikers & be nice and polite 😉
- Stay on the trail & preserve the nature, no littering.
- Be gentle with rear wheel skidding & avoid shortcuts.
- Close fences & consider the domestic animals.
- In a few words: ride safe, have fun & leave no tracks behind you.
Happy riders with all the stuff they need !
Riding « as hard as » + bringing security, discoveries & fun = our missions.
- Bring your favourite bike or rent it.
- Helmet, gloves, protections, sun glasses are part of the game.
- A small backpack is important (good back protection).
- Take a fancy water/windproof jacket and a sexy warm layer.
- Don’t forget your lunch and drinks.
- A mobile phone with the App EchoSOS is a smart way to call for assistance (144).
- Take orientation tools if you are not guided (App SwissTopo).
- Money for an ice cream, ID and transport documents for the shuttle.
- A small repair kit, an inner tube and your specific medication might be helpfull.
- By the way, you have to take your coronavirus emergency set ;-)…
- Be insured against accidents with mountain rescue and repatriation included. Cancellation and theft insurance is also recommended for trips.
- Bring your best smile and a few beers for the « after-ride » party !